Mobility Partners Inc. provides a comprehensive conversion Component Limited Warranty (“Warranty”). This Warranty is designed to work with any applicable Original Equipment Manufacturer (“OEM”) factory warranty.
WHAT IS COVERED?
This Warranty gives you specific legal rights. You may have other rights that vary from state to state. Under this Warranty, authorized Mobility Partners Inc. technicians or your personal technician, if approved by Mobility Partners Inc., will, without charge, repair, replace or adjust all Mobility Partners Inc. conversion components (including all ramp parts, floor pan units, controls, systems and related accessories) (“conversion components”) on your vehicle that malfunction or fail from normal use during the applicable coverage period due to a manufacturing defect in Mobility Partners Inc. supplied materials or Mobility Partners Inc. workmanship. Mobility Partners Inc. may replace defective parts with new, remanufactured or used parts, at its discretion, so long as the replacement parts function properly with the conversion component.
While Mobility Partners Inc.’s defect experience is very low, this Warranty does not mean that each Mobility Partners Inc. conversion component is defect free. Defects may be unintentionally introduced into conversion components during the design and manufacturing processes and such defects could result in the need for repairs.
The remedy under this written Warranty, and any implied warranty, is limited to repair, replacement, or adjustment of defective conversion components. This exclusive remedy shall not be deemed to have failed its essential purpose so long as Mobility Partners Inc. is willing and able to repair, replace, or adjust defective conversion components in the prescribed manner. Mobility Partners Inc.’s liability, if any, shall in no event exceed the cost of correcting manufacturing defects as herein provided and upon expiration of this warranty, any such liability shall terminate.
Conditions that are not covered by this Warranty are described hereafter on pages 2 and 3. Nothing is this Warranty should be construed as requiring defective components to be replaced with parts of a different type or design than the original component, so long as the conversion components function properly with the replacement component. Mobility Partners Inc., its technicians and your personal technicians approved by Mobility Partners Inc., are entitled to a reasonable time and a reasonable number of attempts within which to diagnose and repair any defect covered by this Warranty.
THIS WARRANTY EXCLUDES CONSEQUENTAIL DAMAGES AND LIMITS THE DURATION OF ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES TO THE DURATION OF THIS WARRANTY.
WHAT ARE THE COVERAGE PERIODS?
- Newly manufactured and installed Kneelvan wheelchair van conversions and newly installed and manufactured Freedom Motors specialty conversions (i.e. Honda Element X-WAV conversions, Scion XS-Able conversions, etc.) are warranted for three (3) years or 36,000 miles, whichever occurs first;
- Wheelchair accessible commercial and handicap accessible taxi conversions are warranted for 12 months or 12,000 miles, whichever occurs first;
- -Pre-owned Freedom Motors conversions sold by Freedom Motors are warranted for 12 months or 12,000 miles, whichever occurs first;
- Extended coverage periods may be available under the Mobility Partners Inc. Extended Warranty Plan as described on page 5.
WHEN DOES MY WARRANTY COVERAGE START?
Your coverage under the Warranty starts after completion of the conversions when you take delivery of your vehicle.
WHAT IS NOT COVERED?
Damage Caused By:
The Warranty does not cover damage caused by:
- Accidents, collision or objects striking the vehicle (including driving through a car wash)
- Theft, vandalism or riot
- Fire or explosion
- Using contaminated or improper fluids or lubricants
- Customer applied chemicals or accidental spills
- Driving through water deep enough to cause water to be ingested into the conversion component controls
- Misuse of the vehicle, such as driving over curbs, overloading, racing or using the vehicle as a permanent stationary power source
- Alterations or modifications to the conversion components
- Tampering with the conversion components
- Installation or use of a non-Mobility Partners Inc. approved part or component if it causes the Mobility Partners Inc. conversion components to fail
Damage Caused by Use and/or the Environment
The Warranty does not cover surface rust, deterioration and damage to paint, trim, upholstery, and other appearance items of the conversion components that result from use and/or exposure to the elements. You, as the owner, are responsible for these items. Some examples are:
- Dings and dents
- Cuts, burns, punctures or tears
- Road salt
- Tree sap, bird and bee dropping
- Windstorm, lightning or hail
- Freezing, water or flood
- Stone chips, scratches
The Warranty does not cover: (1) parts and labor needed to maintain the vehicle; and (2) the replacement of components due to normal wear and tear. You, as Owner, are responsible for these items.
LIMITATIONS AND DISCLAIMERS
The Warranty is subject to the following limitations and disclaimers:
The warranties expressed in this Warranty are the only express warranties applicable to conversion components. Mobility Partners Inc. does not assume or authorize anyone to assume for it any other obligation or liability in connection with its conversion components or the Warranty. No person, including Mobility Partners Inc. employees, may modify or waive any part of the Warranty.
Mobility Partners Inc. reserves the right to make changes in or additions to conversion components designed, manufactured or sold by it at any time and without incurring any obligation to make the same or similar changes or additions to conversion components previously designed, manufactured or sold by it.
Mobility Partners Inc. also reserves the right to provide post-warranty repairs, conduct recalls, or extend warranty coverage periods for certain conversion components, at the sole discretion of Mobility Partners Inc.. The fact that Mobility Partners Inc. has provided such measures to a particular conversion component group in no way obligates Mobility Partners Inc. to provide similar accommodations to other owners of similar conversion components.
As a condition of the Warranty, you are responsible or properly using, maintaining, and caring for your conversion components. Mobility Partners Inc. recommends that you maintain records and receipts of all maintenance records.
Mobility Partners Inc. is not responsible for any time or income that you lose, any inconvenience you might be caused, the loss of your transportation or use of your vehicle, the cost of rental vehicles, fuel, telephone, travel, meals, or lodging, the loss of personal or commercial property, the loss of revenue, or for any other incidental or consequential damages you may have.
Punitive, exemplary, or multiple damages may not be recovered unless applicable law prohibits their disclaimer.
You may not bring any warranty related claim as a class of claimants or in any other representative capacity.
Mobility Partners Inc. shall not be liable for any damages caused by delay in delivery or furnishing of any products and/or services.
You may have some implied warranties. For example, you may have an implied warranty of merchantability (that the conversion components are reasonably fit for the general purpose for which it was sold) or an implied warranty for fitness for a particular purpose (that the conversion components are suitable for a particular purpose), if a special purpose was specifically disclosed to Mobility Partners Inc. before your purchase and Mobility Partners Inc. told you the conversion component was would be suitable for that purpose.
These implied warranties are limited, to the extent allowed by law, to the time period covered by the written warranties, or to the applicable time period provided by state law, whichever period is shorter.
These implied warranties, meaning the implied warranty of merchantability and the implied warranty of fitness for a particular purpose, do not apply to your conversion components, and are specifically disclaimed, if you use your vehicle for business or commercial purposes or racing, even if the vehicle is equipped for racing.
The warranties contained herein and all questions regarding their enforceability and interpretation are governed by the law of the state in which the conversion components were sold to you. Some states do not allow Mobility Partners Inc. to limit how long an implied warranty lasts or to exclude or limit incidental or consequential damages so the limitation and exclusions discussed above may not apply to you.
HOW DO I GET WARRANTY SERVICE?
Mobility Partners Inc. maintains an Open Source Service Plan. Our Open Source Service Plan provides a nationwide service network of authorized Mobility Partners Inc. technicians qualified to work on your conversion components. You can also use your own technician, subject to Mobility Partners Inc.’s pre-approval. To take advantage of our Open Source Service Plan, you need to follow these steps:
- Call Mobility Partners Inc.’s Service Hotline – (815) 299-1222
- Tell us whether you want to use Mobility Partners Inc.’s Open Source Service Plan or provide us with contact information for your personal technician
- Describe the warranty claim or have your personal technician describe the warranty claim-failure to contact Mobility Partners Inc. prior to the commencement of warranty work will void the Warranty and you will have no Warranty coverage;
- Receive approval in the form of a “work authorization with a work authorization number? From Mobility Partners Inc. that the claim is covered under the Warranty-you will not be eligible for reimbursement or payment of Warranty claims without a “work authorization number”.